Canvas Church Marriage Ministry
Here at Canvas we know ministry begins in the home. The health of a family is directly tied to the relationship between the husband and wife, and both parties’ personal health and relationship with the Lord. Because of this, we offer various opportunities for you and your spouse (or future spouse) to strengthen your relationship with each other and God, as well as opportunities to prepare you for success in future relationships/marriages.
Our marriage mentoring program is a comprehensive program that touches on all aspects of your relationship to highlight the areas of strength in your relationship as well as pin-point the areas that need some attention.
We touch on areas such as love languages, personality types, communication, conflict resolution, faith, finances, kids, and everything in between. After your assessments are complete, you and your spouse (or soon-to-be spouse) will be paired with one of our trained marriage mentor couples in their home to begin the sessions. Check out our mentoring options below to see what the best fit is for you:
Feel like you’ve lost touch with your spouse? The tune-up may be just the kick start you need to re-connect with your spouse or simply strengthen an already healthy marriage.
Time Commitment: 4 Sessions, once a week , for 2 hours each
Cost for Canvas Church Members: $75
Maybe it’s been awhile since you’ve given your marriage the attention it needs, or perhaps life circumstances have taken a blow on your marital unity and you feel like you’re hanging on by a thread. It’s never too late- meet with our mentors and watch God do miracles in your marriage as you let Him do the work.
Time Commitment: 8 Sessions, once a week , for 1.5-2 hours each
Cost for Canvas Church Members: $175
Get a step ahead in your marriage by doing some pre-marriage prep work to build your “relationship toolbox.” Our mentors will equip you with tools to set you up for success so you can feel confident walking down the aisle and starting your life together. The completion of this program also qualifies you for a discount on your marriage license.
NOTE: If you plan to get married by a Canvas Church pastor, we highly recommend you start here!
Condensed Plan- 4 Sessions, once a week , for 2-2.5 hours each
Expanded Plan- 6 Sessions, once a week , for 1.5 hours each
Cost for Canvas Church Members: $75
Just like one fresh egg and one rotten egg make a rotten omelet, a relationship is only as healthy as the sum of its components. Relation(tip)s is a branch of the marriage ministry designed specifically with singles and dating folks in mind. We yearn to equip you as individuals to be the best selves you can be in all relationships across the board, as well as set you up for success in dating and marriage in the future.
- WHO CAN COME? Relation(tip)s is open to single, dating, engaged, or married folks and is open to the community and surrounding churches.
- WHEN IS IT? We offer this 1-2 times a year. Check the online calendar to find the next Relation(tip)s night.
Max|i|mize: To make as large or great as possible. The goal of our Maximize conference is to do just that- encourage and stretch you and your spouse to make your marriage everything you’ve dreamed it could be. Speakers, panels, and fun- we change up the format from year to year but be assured it will be a great excuse for a date night.
- WHO CAN COME? This conference is open to married, engaged, and single folks looking for love, and is open to the community and surrounding churches.
- WHEN IS IT? This conference is held periodically in February or March.
From couples bowling nights to re-living your high school prom with your spouse, Canvas Northfield hosts marriage events that you won’t want to miss! These married-only events serve as both an excuse to get out on a pre-planned date and invest in your spouse, and as an avenue to meet other couples while doing something fun.
- WHO CAN COME? This is a married-only event open to the community and surrounding churches.
- WHEN IS IT? We offer marriage events 1-2 times a year. Check the online calendar to find the next event.
We have a credentialed team of pastors here at Canvas that would be happy to help you tie the knot!
1) We highly recommend you go through our pre-marriage mentoring program before your wedding date
2) Fill out a Wedding Ceremony request form here.
3) You will be contacted by a canvas church administrator to confirm your pastor for the ceremony.
4) A required honorarium of $300 and travel expenses outside of 30 miles from Canvas Church is due prior to your wedding ceremony.
5) Aside from officiating your ceremony, your pastor will attend either your wedding rehearsal or reception- your choice!
Meet our Pastors
Jeff and Tiffany Wendt
Monday - Thursday
404 Schilling Dr. N, Unit 5, Dundas MN 55019